Tuesday 9 June 2015

My 5 Favourite Makeup Brushes

Hello Everyone, 
Sorry I haven't posted too recently, I've just been a little busy with exams and results and all the stressful stuff that's been going on at school. Today I thought I would talk about my top 5 makeup brushes, because when I first started out with makeup- I just didn't know which ones were useful, good value and good quality and now that I am a little more aware; I figured I'd share with you my favourites. 



















Real Techniques Powder Brush- This is a brush that you can buy individually for around the £12 mark and so far it is the best brush I have discovered for powdering your face, because it has such a large brush head and the fibres are all quite loose- it tends not to cake the product on your skin, however it does apply enough powder to set your makeup, It's relatively bulky, so not something I would carry around in an everyday makeup bag, but a real staple in my collection and one I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a new powder brush, or wears it on a daily basis. 

Real Techniques Buffing Brush- This brush comes in a set of four that retails for roughly £20 and it is my favourite ever makeup brush. Again it is 'Real Techniques' but that is because I find that brand the best for good quality, but not high end expensive brushes. The buffing brush has a medium sized, dense head and it buffs foundation in like a dream. I find that with this brush, the product really sinks into your skin and makes your face look radiant, rather than sitting on your face looking cakey. If you are starting out with makeup then the set that this brush comes in would be a great purchase. 

ZOEVA 127 Luxe Cheek Brush- This brush literally has the softest bristles ever and although the brand is more pricy than 'Real Techniques', the good quality is really evident, both in the chic appearance and the fantastic uses of this brush. Personally, I like to use it for bronzer but it could also be used for a light dusting of powder, blusher application or even a powder highlighter. It is generally just a solid all rounder and a real asset to my brush collection.

Real Techniques Angled Shadow Brush- Again, this brush comes in a set from 'Real Techniques'. I think the silver handle is gorgeous and the brush itself is great for blending all of your eyeshadow together. It is super soft, the perfect size and I always find myself reaching for it in the mornings, 

Real Techniques Eyeliner Brush- Now, although this is called the eyeliner brush- I myself use it for eyebrows as the small, flexible brush head makes it really easy to use and convenient to just shove in your handbag. This brush could also be used for a multitude of purposes which is why I find it super useful. I would say it is my most used brush, as if I do any makeup- it will be my eyebrows, so I reach for this a lot!

Thank you so much for reading! What is your favourite makeup brush?
Al
<3





No comments:

Post a Comment